söndag, april 01, 2007

Babylon System

Today I went to Babylon. For those of you not familiar with the term, I’ll explain:

The term Babylon is mostly used by Rastafarians with much negative connotations. It is something that one is radically opposed to. Corruption, politics, police, laws, and cities are often referred to as "Babylon". Although it is possible to see these mechanisms as having qualities that are detrimental to the well-being of any society, there are elements of oppression that take shape through these various creations of civilization. These mechanisms were created out of necessity, else civilization would fall apart.


Yet, I honestly believe I went to the very core of Babylon today when I bought food. I visited ICA Maxi and I have photographs to prove it.


Exhibit A: me outside of Babylon.
Exhibit B and C: me striving inside amongst devilish merchandises.
Exhibit D: what finally ended up in the basket:

One parcel of yoghurt
One bottle of olive oil
One bag of Finnish bread
One bag of baguettes
One cucumber
One piece of cheese
One bucket of French Dijon mustard
One bag of Olw chips
Six bananas
and one piece of chocolate


As always, there's more definitions to the word Babylon in the great Urban Dictionary.

All pictures copyright proffesional photographer Ingriddim.

0 Comments: